For the chocolate cake:
1) 200 grams all purpose flour.
2) 100 grams sugar.
3) 200 grams melted chocolate.
4) 100 grams melted butter.
5) 1 packet of yeast.
6) 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
7) 3 eggs.
8) Pinch of salt.
For the caramel sauce:
1) 150 ml water.
2) 300 grams brown sugar.
3) 150 ml heavy cream.
4) pinch of salt.
For the topping :
Some crushed almonds
1) To a bowl add all the dry ingredients ( flour ,sugar and yeast) and mix well.
2) Make a hole in the mixture and gradually add the eggs and mix.
3) Put the chocolate and butter in melt in the microwave or in a warm water bath.
4) Gradually add the chocolate /butter mixture to the dough and keep on mixing with a spatula until everything is well incorporated.
5) Put into a non stick baking pan of your choice and into the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
1) To a pan add the sugar water and salt and leave to boil.
2) Heat the heavy cream in another pan until its just about to boil.
3) When the sugar and water mixture starts to caramelize and turn darker in colour, add the heavy cream gradually while mixing .
4) Keep stirring until the sauce becomes thick and has the perfect caramel sauce consistency.
5) Leave to cool and drizzle the caramel sauce all over the cake.
6) Finally sprinkle some crushed almonds over the caramel sauce and serve!