Today I chose to top those sweet mini tarts them with creamy orange custard and sprinkle them with confection sugar on top. I have recently posted a lemon meringue tart and this is very similar .( I just substituted the lemon with oranges) .
N.B. I did not make the mini tart shells ( got ready made tart shells) but you can certainly do them at home .
1) 24 ready made mini tart shells .
2) 100 grams unsalted butter melted.
3) 2 eggs
4) 100 grams sugar.
5) 2 oranges juiced.
6) Half a lemon juiced.
7) 1 teaspoon gelatin.
8) orange zest.
1) Add the orange zest to the sugar and mix well .
2) Put your pan on medium heat and add the eggs, sugar, butter , orange and lemon juice .
3) Keep on stirring and you will notice that the mixture starts to thicken and change from being a liquid to custard.
4) Finally add the gelatin powder and take off the heat.
5) When it cools a little, fill your tart shells with the custard.
6) Put in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
7) Sprinkle with confection sugar .