1) 115 grams unsalted butter at room temperature.
2) 175 grams granulated sugar.
3) 1 large egg.
4) 180 grams flour.
5) 40 grams coco powder.
6) 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
7) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
8) Pinch of salt.
1) To the electric mixer add the soft butter and beat for 30 seconds until creamy.
2) Add the sugar and beat for 2 more minutes while adding the vanilla extract.
3) Add the egg and beat till the mixture gets fluffy .
4) In a bowl sift the flour and coco powder to eliminate any lumps and then add slowly to the butter, sugar and egg mixture while whisking
5) Finally roll the mixture between 2 parchment papers until its even thickness ( About 1/2 an inch thick)
6) Put in the fridge to chill for an hour and the use the cutting out shapes to cut out the cookies.
7) Put into the preheated oven (180 degrees celsius )for about 10 -12 minutes and then leave to cool.