For lokmet el kady dough:
1) 250 grams of white all purpose flour.
2) 1 cup of warm water ( about 120 ml).
3) 1 tablespoon of active yeast.
4) Pinch of salt.
5) 2 teaspoons sugar.
6) Oil to fry.
For the syrup:
1) 1 cup sugar.
2) 1/2 cup water.
3) half a lemon.
4) 2 cinnamon sticks.
1) First I start by preparing the dough 2 hours ahead of time to leave it to sit and ferment.
2) Add the yeast, warm water (not hot or else the yeast will die) and sugar together and mix.
3) Then add the flour and salt and cover the dough with paper film and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours.
4) During that time prepare the syrup , In a pan on medium heat add the sugar, water, lemon and cinnamon and leave to boil for about 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes thicker, then leave to cool.
5) After 2 hours you will notice the dough will be bigger and fluffier, start frying the dough in shape of a ball by squeezing the dough in your hands and with a spoon shaping it into a ball .
6) When they become golden brown in colour , take them out on kitchen paper to absorb all the excess oil.
7) Finally, Dip the balls in the syrup and coat them all over.
8) Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!