For the cake:
1) 2 and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2) 1 tsp baking powder
3) 1/2 tsp of salt
4) 6 tablespoonful cocoa powder
5) 1/2 cup milk
6) 3/4 cup butter
7) 1 and 1/2 cup white sugar
8) 3 eggs
9) 1 tsp vanilla extract
10) chocolate chips
for the frosting:
1) 200 grams dark chocolate melted.
2) 350 grams softened butter (at room temperature)
3) 300 grams confection sugar
4) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius .
2 ) Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the mixer and then in a separate bowl mix the eggs , butter and sugar till they become homogeneous and then add the vanilla ( I mix all the ingredients together without separation but this is the proper way to do it)
3) Add the flour mixture to the bowl at 2 times and using the mixer to blend them well.
4) Pour the ingredients to 2 baking pans with equal amount in each one.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
6)For the frosting in blender add the butter and sugar and mix well until it forms a soft buttery consistency and then add the vanilla and chocolate and mix well.
7) After the cake has baked take them out and allow to cool for an hour or so and then spread the frosting over the first layer of cake with a flat rubber spatula till its spread evenly.
8) On top put the second layer of cake repeating the frosting spread till it cover the whole cake.
9) Decorate as u wish, since its my daughter second birthday i decided to decorate it to the number "2".
Hope you like it :) :)