I love to make these no bake deserts since they take less time . Now lets start with the ingredients:
For the crust:
1) 400 grams graham crackers
2) 80 grams unsalted butter.
3) 150 grams white sugar.
4) 2 tablespoons water.
5) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
6) 50 ml heavy cream or milk .
7) 2 tablespoons of room temperature unsalted butter.
8) 150 grams dark chocolate.
9) 2 tablespoons milk.
1) First start by preparing the crust , In the food processor crush the graham crackers until they are smooth with no lumps whatsoever.
2) Melt the butter in the microwave and the add to the crackers and mix well until it has the texture of wet sand.
3) In a cheesecake pan spread the crackers mixture and press until its nice and firm and evenly distributed , you can use the bottom of a mug to help you evenly spread it out.
4) Put in the pan in the fridge for an hour or until it firms up, meanwhile prepare the caramel layer .
5) On high heat, Put the water and sugar while swirling it . ( do not stir) , leave on high heat for about 10 minutes or until its caramelizes or turns golden brown.
6)At this moment ad the heavy cream/milk very slowly and wisely( it might get all over the place if you add it all at once) while stirring.
7) leave the caramel to cool for 10 minutes and the pour over the crust we prepared earlier.
8) Put in the fridge to cool and prepare the chocolate.
9)The best way to melt chocolate in my humble opinion is in a water bath to avoid chocolate burning. so i melt it with some milk and the pour the chocolate mixture over the caramel crust.
10) Leave to cool and then cut then as u wish , I preferred to cut the into small rectangular bars .
And voila here you have it, the perfect crunchy chocolate caramel bars ! hope you enjoyed and don't forget to share and like my recipes if you do :)
Don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
And follow me on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest, Instagram and Google+
Share your recipes on Food lovers.