This cookie recipe I have been using for years and it never lets me down so definitely give it a try.
For the cookies:
1)115 grams softened butter.
3)200 grams flour.
5)1 teaspoon baking powder.
6)1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
For the glaze (confectioner's icing):
1)3 tablespoons powdered sugar.
2)1 tablespoon boiled water.
3)1 teaspoon almond extract.
4) Food colours as u like. (I used blue, green , yellow and white).
5) Sprinkles of your choice.
1) In your kitchen aid or with a whisk beat the softened butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy.
2)Add the egg and dry ingredients (flour and baking powder) 1/3 at a time while mixing.
3) Add the vanilla extract and the knead the dough until it becomes smooth and easy to shape.
4)Spread the dough using a rolling and take care not to thin out the dough too much .
5)Then the fun part (my daughter took over :)) using your favourite cookie cutters,start cutting out the cookies we used hearts and stars shapes.
7) Combine the ingredients for the glaze and the separate them into 4 different bowls.
8) Put a drop of the different food colours into each bowl to have different colours of glaze for decorations, you can add extra fun with some cute sprinkles.
Hope you enjoyed:)