1) 1 pack of frozen okra.
2) 1 large chopped onion.
3) 1 large chopped green bell pepper.
4) 1 cup of canned tomato puree.
5) 2 chopped tomatoes
6) 1 cup of boiled water.
7) 2 cloves garlic.
8) 2 tablespoons olive oil.
9) salt and pepper to the taste.
10) 1/2 teaspoonful ground cumin.
1) To a large pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil with the chopped onion leave for 2 min until it softens and then add the minced garlic.
2) Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and leave to simmer for a couple of minutes .
3) Add the cup of boiled water along with the salt , pepper and cumin.
4) Follow that by adding the frozen okra and leave to cook for about an hour.
5)15 minutes before the bamya finishes cooking add the chopped green pepper .
6) Serve hot with a bed of white basmati rice and green salad.