Fatah is a dish made from roasted pita bread topped by white rice and delicious garlic tomato sauce. Its very easy to make and usually served with lamb or beef.
1) 2 cups of washed white rice.
2) 2 large roasted pita bread cut into small squares.
3) 200 grams tomato sauce.
4) 4 cloves of minced garlic.
5) 1 cup meat stock.
6) 2 tablespoons melted butter.
7) Salt and pepper.
8) 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
1) To prepare the tomato sauce , On medium heat add the 2 tablespoons butter to a pan and and then add the minced garlic and then after 1 minute add the vinegar and tomato sauce then leave to simmer.
2) Cook the rice in the rice cooker .
3) To the base of a Pyrex add the roasted pita bread and saturate it with the meat stock .
4) Cover the pita bread with a layer of rice and distribute evenly.
5) Top the rice with garlic tomato sauce and serve with a tomato sauce side dish.