1) 300 grams chickpeas.
2) 300 grams dried fava beans (peeled)
3) 1 chopped yellow onion.
4) 5 cloves of garlic ( add more if u love garlic)
5) Bunch of chopped cilantro.
6) Bunch of chopped parsley.
7) Spices ( 2 teaspoons salt or add more as u like , 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 tea spoon dried cilantro, freshly ground pepper)
8) Sesame seeds.
9) 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
10)1 Egg before frying (optional)
1) To start you must soak the chickpeas and fava beans in water for 24 hours .
2) after soaking them , In a food processor blend them till the become like a thick paste in consistency.
3) Then I blend the cilantro, parsley, garlic and onions until they turn into a paste too.
4) Mix the green mixture with the chickpeas and fava beans until well blended.
5) Since this amount makes a lots of felafel rounds, I usually Spice the amount I use only and put the rest in the freezer.
6) Then i spice the amount i am frying with salt, pepper, dried cilantro,cumin and sesame.
7) Before frying add an egg to the mixture then form into balls or rounds and then fry!
VOILA! hope you enjoy!