It can be served with mashed potatoes or in my case ginger rice and fresh arugula and it was incredibly delicious.
For the sauce I chose Mediterranean hummus sauce , tahini sauce will be great too!
Lets jump into the ingredients.( Served for 2 )
1) 2 medium sized tuna steaks.
2) 150-200 grams black eyed peas soaked in water the night before.
3) 2 finely chopped tomatoes.
4) 1 lemon juiced.
5) Finely chopped ginger.
6) 2 garlic cloves.
7) 2 tablespoons olive oil
7) Spices: (1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to the taste)
1) Marinate the tuna in the ginger, lemon juice, garlic and spices for at least 2 hrs.
2) To prepare the salsa, boil the black eyed peas in water till it become soft and tender.
3) Then in another pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and add the peas and tomatoes and leave it to cook till the tomatoes become soft and start to caramelize, then add salt and pepper.
4) Grill the marinated tuna steak in the grill for about 10-15 minutes, beware not to overcook it.
I served it with fresh arugula and ginger rice.