Welcome to a new recipe,I like to celebrate the Eid with delicious seafood and one of my all time favorites is the garlic shrimps with onion and peppers. Its not just a unique recipe but also using the shrimps unpeeled bring out all the delicious juices and makes it irresistible. ( My husband and daughter adores it that way)
I usually prepare this recipe with Ginger rice and Tahini sauce or baba ganoush ( roasted eggplant spread).
1) 300 grams unpeeled shrimps .
2) 6 cloves garlic.
3) Red, yellow and green bell peppers thinly sliced.
4) 1 large onion thinly sliced.
5) 3 lemons ( 2 for the marinate and 1 thinly sliced)
6) Piece of sliced ginger.
7) salt and pepper to the taste.
8) 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2 hours before cooking the shrimps I marinate it with the garlic and 2 lemons juiced and keep it in the fridge.
1) On medium heat add the olive oil and when hot , add the onions, pepper ,ginger, lemon and the marinated shrimps.
2) Cook for about 20-30 minutes.
3) Serve with your rice and your favorite sauce.
For the Rice:
1)On medium heat I add 2 tablespoons olive oil and then a chopped onion and some ginger until they turn golden brown in color.
2) Add to washed jasmine perfumed rice and cook.
3) Serve with the shrimps.