I can simply describe it as marinated chicken breasts skewed and grilled . You can serve it with various sauces like garlic sauce, hummus or tahini paste .
I served it with rice but it can also be eaten with delicious pita bread or vegetables. To get the perfect shish tawook I marinate it the night before so that the chicken breasts are nice and tender and also to allow the spices to penetrate the chicken.
1) 4 large chicken breasts cut into cubes.
2) About 8-10 brochettes.
3) 2 lemons juiced.
4)2 large onions cut into cubes.
5) 2 large green peppers cut into cubes
6) 4 tablespoons olive oil.
7) Spices: 2 teaspoons onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper to the taste.
8) 3 tablespoons tomato sauce.
1) Put the chicken cubes in a bowl and add the spices, olive oil, tomato sauce and lemon juice.
2) Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hrs , however i kept it over night for best flavor.
3) then prepare the shish tawook by adding to the brochette the onions,peppers and chicken breasts successively, continue until you have about 4-5 chicken cubes in one brochette.
4) Then put in the grill on each side for about 10 minutes.
Leftover shish tawook are delicious also for the next day .