1) 2 cups washed rice.
2) 1 can of tomatoes paste diluted with some warm water.
3) 2 bunches of finely chopped cilantro and parsley .
4) 1 Finely chopped large onion.
5) 2 tablespoons olive oil.
6) 2 teaspoons salt and some pepper.
7) 10 zucchini with hollowed interior.
8) Tomatoes and onion slices.
1) First I start by preparing the stuffing , To a bowl add the olive oil , chopped onion, rice , tomatoes paste and chopped greens and mix all well . Add the salt and pepper , now the stuffing is ready.
2) Cut off the zucchini stalks, then slice off the dried tips at the opposite ends. Carefully hollow out the zucchini from the stalk end by pushing the mankara ( the tool used to hollow the zucchini.) keep hollowing until you have a big cavity.
N.B: Wash the zucchini in the salted water to maintain its rigidity while being cooked.
3) Start stuffing the zucchini , but take care not to fill it till the end as the rice expands after being cooked.
4) Put the stuffed zucchini in the rice cooker (with a bed of sliced onions and tomatoes under it ) , add a cup of chicken stock and leave to cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Its best served with hummus ,baba ganoush or garlic dip.