Its very common in the middle east as a snack /appetizer in Ramadan, I personally prefer the baked version because it has less calories and is as delicious as the fried ones. Today I chose to use cream cheese stuffing ( this is what I found handy ), but you can never go wrong with any other cheese you prefer like cheddar, parmesan ,blue cheese or mozzarella.
1) 500 grams flour.
2) 100 grams sunflower oil ( you can use olive oil).
3) 2 teaspoons salt.
4) 2 teaspoons baking powder.
5) 1 egg.
6) 200 ml water.
7) Cream cheese.
8) 1 egg yolk.
9) Sesame seeds for decoration.
1) Start by preparing the dough by combining all the ingredients together ( flour, salt, baking powder, egg, water and oil).
2) Knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it comes all together and becomes smooth and spreadable.
3) Cut small pieces and start rolling them till the form a rectangle shape, cut the edges with a knife to make them sharp.
4) Put the cheese on the dough and fold it to form a crescent shape, brush their surface with a egg yolk and sprinkle some sesame seeds on them.
5) When u finish the first batch put into the preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes or until its golden brown in colour.