Green lentils have 0% fat and are a great source of magnesium which improves circulation and about 58 % Iron which is important especially for women to compensate their Iron loss each month .
They are very good for the health of the heart and decrease the risk of heart disease .
This salad is just easy to make and very healthy :)
For the salad:
1) 1 large eggplant.
2) 100 grams green lentils .
3) 2 carrots.
3) 1 green pepper.
4) 2 cloves garlic.
5) 3 tablespoons Olive oil.
For the dressing:
1) 3 tablespoons white vinegar.
2) 2 tablespoons olive oil.
3) 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
4)1 teaspoon dried basil.
5) Salt and pepper to the taste
1) Soak the green lentils in water 2 hours.
2) Cut the eggplant into cubes , salt them and leave for 2 hours so that they loose their water before baking in the oven
3) Put on baking pan and sprinkle with some olive oil and put into the oven for 20 minutes .
4) Boil the soaked green lentils until soft .
5) Cut the green peppers and carrots and mince the garlic finely.
6) Add all the ingredients together.
7) Prepare the dressing and add before serving.