I thought its just the perfect time for a nice flavoring soup . I shared earlier thelentil soup which I love and It was my go to soup in most of Ramadan fasting days .
Oatmeal Soup in the perfect dish at dinner to warm me up and make me feel full easily, Its also very nutritive and my husband and daughter adores it.
Yesterday I served it at dinner with eggplant and green lentil salad and garlic bread.
1) 8 tablespoons oatmeal.
2) 4 cloves of garlic.
3) 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger.
4) 1 onion
5) 1 tomato.
6) 2 carrots
7) 3 cups vegetable broth.
8) 1/2 teaspoon cumin
9) Salt and pepper to the taste.
This amount gives 4 serves for the soup.
1) Chop the vegetables ( garlic , onions, carrots and tomato) in the food processor.
2) Put all the vegetables with the oatmeal and vegetable broth.
3) leave to cook for about 30 minutes and check it every 10 minutes.
4) Blend in the blender after cooling if u like , some people do not prefer blending it, its delicious both ways.
I like to serve it hot with garlic bread :) It tastes great the next day too !