It is basically grape leaves stuffed with delicious flavored rice mixture and then cooked on medium to low heat . Its absolutely great with baba ganoush or tahini sauce .
I like to put in the base of the cooking pan some sliced tomatoes or onions to add extra flavor and to prevent the grape leaves from sticking.
1) 200 grams grape leaves.
2) 100 grams of washed white short grain rice.
3) 2 handfuls of chopped parsley , cilantro and dill .
4) 2 large finely chopped tomatoes.
5) 2 large chopped onions.
6) 2 lemons juiced.
7) 2 large sliced tomatoes and lemons.
8) 2 teaspoons salt.
9) 1 teaspoon cumin.
10) Ground black pepper .
11) 1 teaspoon all spices.
12) 3 tablespoons olive oil.
1) In a large bowl start preparing the stuffing by mixing the rice with olive oil ,chopped tomatoes, onions, parsley , cilantro, dill and juiced lemon as well as the cumin , salt and pepper.
2) Then start by stuffing the grape leave with rice mixture , I took pictures of how i did it to make it easier . ( see below
4) Add 1 cup of chicken stock and leave to cook on low to medium heat until its done cooking and all the water has evaporated.