Taboleh for those who those not know is just a salad with Bulgar wheat and lots of parsley. Parsley is said to have many benefits like keeping the immune system strong , controlling blood pressure (when eaten regularly) and its essential oil is believed to inhibit or reduce the risk of cancerous tumors!
The key to getting a great middle eastern taboleh salad is to have a good quality olive oil and lots of lemon juice . They add all the flavor. Its very nutritive and delicious and when you try it out you will never stop eating!
This is how I make it:
1) 2 large tomatoes.
2) 1/2 large English cucumber (peeled)
3) 1 green onion.
4) 2 large lemon , juiced.
5) 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
6) 1/2 cup Bulgar wheat.
7) Some salt and dry mint ( 1/2 teaspoon).
1) First start by rinsing the Bulgar in cold water for at least 2 hours before preparing the salad.
2) Then finely chop the vegetables.
3) prepare the dressing : 2 lemons juices, salt, mint , 4 tablespoons of good quality olive oil.
4) add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
Hope u enjoy!